Australian Business Forum  

Go Back   Australian Business Forum > General Business Discussion > Tax and Legal Discussion

Tax and Legal Discussion Having problems with taxation and the law? Ask for help here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-08   #1

shaundawn1723 is on a distinguished road
Default Is it illegal in Florida to lay out in the sun naked in your backyard?

My neighbor has a pool, they have a privacy fence all the way around and so do I but there is a business (reastate office) behind us both but our back privacy fence is a tall concrete wall. They lay out naked at their pool and walk around naked in their house but with blinds half open and their lights on (a few times). Is this legal because they are on their private grounds of their own house?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Spurl this Post!Reddit!
Sponsored Links
Old 23-04-08   #2

buckeyefan is on a distinguished road

My guess would be probably so since the government usually can't tell you what you can or can't do in your house or your land. But if I were you I'd talk to a lawyer. I say this is my guess, because of course if someone rapes a child on private property. they will charge them with a crime. So it depends upon the circumstances.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Spurl this Post!Reddit!
Old 24-04-08   #3

cindera is on a distinguished road

I am not sure about Florida, (but i think I heard it was OK) but i know in some states if you are nude on your own property there are no laws against it. I think Florida is one of them, but you could check. Go online or call the police and ask them.These laws need to be changed, no one should be allowed to go nude where other young children can see them. If it were happening to me or my children i would not stop until the law was changed. Here I would come government, picketing , going to counsel meetings , writing the Governor what ever it took. going to the media also.
Old 24-04-08   #4

markusfarkus is on a distinguished road

If somebody can see it, it is public and they can be arrested for indecent exposure.Just like you can get arrested for public intoxication inside your own home (if you cause a dusturbance).If you are not offended, just let it go. If you are offended, go tell them, write them a letter(anonymously if you have to) The cops should be a last resort.
Old 24-04-08   #5

bob1442 is on a distinguished road

It probably is but if you give their address I will check it out and give you a more detailed answer
Old 24-04-08   #6

JimB is on a distinguished road

Get a grip! Unless they are flashing minors, or intentionally displaying their nudity to the world, they are not breaking any laws. Since you say they have a privacy fence . . . However, your "peeping tom" routine are in violation of the law and you can and will be arrested if you don't quit looking at them.
Old 24-04-08   #7

pkkupoka is on a distinguished road

It shall be unlawful for any person to expose or exhibit his sexual organs in any public place or on the private premises of another, or so near thereto as to be seen from such private premises, in a vulgar or indecent manner, or so to expose or exhibit his person in such place, or to go or to be naked in such place. The Florida Supreme Court and lower courts have repeatedly ruled that mere nudity (as in sunbathing and skinny-dipping) is not in violation of this law. Nudity is not lewd, lascivious, or indecent exposure. Clothing-optional recreation does not harm the public's health, safety, welfare, or morals. There are no harmful "secondary contrary effects" of skinny-dipping or the sight of a person in the natural state of being unclothed on a public beach.
Old 24-04-08   #8

Inay is on a distinguished road

Morally. i think not.... Is it not good for the children to see those naked body.... Even if it is not your business... If you cook and smell bad neighbor had the right to complain about the foul smell.... Do you think what they do is lesser than the foul smell. I think not.... I think you have the right to ask your neighbor to put much higher fence so your children will not see nudity.....and if it bugs you a lot.... I think you should go over....or ask some legal advice about it......
Old 24-04-08   #9

weregunnafight is on a distinguished road

nope people walk all over the place naked in florida excpecially in their own yards

Tags
backyard, florida, illegal, lay, naked, sun